Wednesday, December 3, 2008

highway 1


Ok so I was gonna get a check up/mammogram but I got pregnant again. Then I was tired. I did make an appointment. All Clear and everything normal. Of course why wouldn't it be. I have no history in my family. All the relatives on both sides have lived into their 90's or are still living. I am not going to have anything wrong. I swore I would go again if anything changed or I felt something weird.
Well thank God it did. I had a period that lasted from Aug. 4Th until the 14Th. I felt fine but it scared me enough. I made an appointment with my OB/GYN.
He was happy to see me as I reminded him he delivered all 3 of my children and that he didn't have Grey Hair 15 years ago, 13 years ago, not even 11 years ago. Last check up I had was when my youngest was 3. He politely reminded me that back then I was 40 lbs overweight and that I looked great now.
Well I felt great now and I was just getting my act back together.
May 2007 I realized the couch was more comfortable than my bed for sleeping. I was miserable and needed to be healthy and happy for the sake of my children. I needed to be here to take care of them and they need me, So I started exercising daily and eating a healthy high protein low calorie diet. The weight dropped off so easily I was a new woman. It had been a long time since I felt this good abut myself and it was showing.

Back at the office, I got on the scale I was so proud it said 140 instead of 180. So I go in the exam room and sit in the chair. You know the one! Your naked under the paper and you think someone can see in the window while you wait. Yea so the Dr. comes in, we share sarcastic remarks about each other and he feels me up. I mean the breast exam. He felt a cyst and wants me to have it drained. Everything else is fine and I need a mammogram anyway. I have an appointment on the 9/23/08.